Monday, August 01, 2005

Saying goodbyes

The goodbyes have started to come. On Sunday, I was helping my pastor and his family move most of their stuff out of their old house (which has been sold since they are moving to China to serve at our church's orphanage there) to another place. He will be leaving this Thursday. His son (whom I discipled for a time) isn't moving to China, but will be staying there for the summer and won't be back until his college starts. So since I won't be seeing them again before they leave, my goodbyes to them came that day.

I still can't get used to the idea that all these people I see on a regular basis, I won't be seeing again for months at a time. And that the people with which I will be spending the majority of my time, I haven't even met yet. It's all very bittersweet. I look forward to seminary, but I will miss those I've gotten to know in San Jose. The other day I told Laura that we have a good community here in San Jose. Perhaps it's only now that I truly realize how wonderful my community has been.

On another note, I'm glad that we have sent our best people to the orphanage in China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home