Saturday, July 30, 2005

Deep gladness, deep hunger

For some reason, this Frederick Buechner quote has been sloshing around in my head:
The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
I guess I've been thinking about my future and what God will want me to do with this life. The more I think about this quote, the more it seems to make sense. It makes sense that if God wants me to do something, he will have given me talent and "gifting" to do it, and will also have instilled in me a desire and joy in doing it. It also makes sense that just being good at some activity doesn't make it worthy enough to be part of God's calling; it also must be in line with what God is trying to do in the world. It must fit his purpose.

I hope to find these intersections (and I expect there will be more than one) during my time at Regent. Once I do, obviously I will have found my callings. I get this feeling that I will discover these primarily through the blessed interaction with peers and mentors.

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 01, 2005 1:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I'm late. hi chunky.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

11 age boy cute date old years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home