Monday, July 18, 2005

Appreciation and transition

The weekend was busy, and there seemed to be a running theme going on throughout.

Friday and Saturday was packed with the annual senior trip; essentially a trip where some of us youth counselors went on a road trip with the high school seniors before they go off to college in the fall. It was a lot of fun; spent a lot of time at the beach, playing games in our hotel rooms, and singing along to music in our car. But what I enjoyed the most was the time of blessing. We spent a couple hours Friday night and a couple more on Saturday afternoon just sharing and praying for each individual senior. We shared about funny stories, first impressions, things we appreciated about each person, then prayed for them. It was very touching; they even shared about and prayed for me. I felt incredibly blessed to hear how I've touched these seniors' lives over the last 4 years in youth ministry. It was a good reminder that despite my weaknesses, God worked powerfully through me.

Sunday evening was another Upper Room time, but this time we came together to just celebrate our English pastor and his wife, since they would be leaving to China in the fall, to serve in an orphanage there. They've been with us for the last 7 years, and it was bittersweet to think they'd be leaving. They've blessed my church and me personally in so many ways. I have to admit, they might just be the closest role models to Jesus Christ I've met in my life, with their tenderness, compassion, love and countless prayers. Watching all the appreciation made me think, "I want my life and service to be as Christlike as theirs has been." All of this also made me thankful to God, who makes such joyous things possible. Without Him, we wouldn't have such reason to celebrate and be thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home