Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Last Man

Part of my reading for my CTC (Christian Thought & Culture) class is on philosophy, particularly modern philosophy. So I've read a little about Nietzsche and it seems that he thought humanity would either turn into the Over-man (one who is able to will to power/overpower others and himself), or something called the "Last Man". The Last Man seems to be described as such (particularly by anti-Marxists): well fed, well clothed, well housed, well medicated, but a herd man w/o any ideals or aspirations. One of my professors says they will lose themselves in "mindless entertainment". Ring a bell? Does for me.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Tim "Palantar" Jones said...

You're not referring to reading other people's blogs are you? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home