Thursday, June 23, 2005

Buying a laptop

Since I'll be leaving IBM soon, I'm going to have to return my work laptop. Which will leave me laptop-less, and since I "need" a laptop for school, I've been doing some research in buying a new one.

For a while, I was seriously considering an Apple iBook, but then once the announcement came out that they would be switching to Intel chips, I was warned to stay away from them until the ones with the new chips came out.

So I decided to buy an IBM Thinkpad (T42). With my employee discount, amazingly it's about the same price as a similarly equipped Dell Inspiron laptop. I considered the Dell for a moment, since it was about $100 cheaper, but then the T42 reviews online generally seem better than the 600m ones.

Isn't it interesting that an IBM employee was considering buying an Apple AND a Dell?

2 Comments:

At Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:45:00 PM, Blogger benson said...

haha...i would agree on the apple assessment. T42 is a good buy...and much much more reliable than Dells. I've managed to spread the "thinkpad" gospel to many of my friends :). Make sure you get an SXGA monitor!

 
At Monday, June 27, 2005 1:45:00 PM, Blogger chongsun said...

Heh, sorry man, but I got whatever I could afford, so it's just XGA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home